Social Intervention Advocacy Foundation (SIAF) hereby notify the public as follows:
- SIAF coined and conceptualized the #EndSARS advocacy and action campaign in October 2017 – and the campaign remains active providing a timely and accountable interventions to improve police conduct and increase accountability.
- SIAF as an entity has not launched any Crowd Funding campaign for our #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG as well as other advocacies till date.
- We however support all communities individually and collectively as they push back against “the oppression, harassment, robbery, abduction, breach of privacy, breach of rights and extortion of the citizenry (youth especially) going about their legitimate business, by the Nigeria Police and their rogue tactical squads (SARS, SAKS, SACS, EFCC, ZIS, IRT, IGP XSQUAD etc.) across Nigeria.”
- The independent #StopRobbingUs Campaign led by ‘Bosun Tijani of CcHUB, Jason Njoku of Iroko, Iyin “E” Aboyeji of Future Africa and Oluyomi Ojo of Printivo, amongst others focused on the discontent of the Nigerian Tech Community is NOT an initiative of SIAF although we may choose to engage with, support and/or endorse this independent campaign…
- SIAF advocacies will continue to engage the Nigerian society holistically, without stratification and regardless of our diversity (Creed, Clan, Clout or Craze). Impunity doesn’t discriminate nor cherry pick victims. This affects us all and it is our view that we care about everyone we share humanity with.
- We use this opportunity to call on all other Civil Society Organizations to see this imbroglio (Police Berutality and the culture of Impunity) as a National Concern, which forms part of the larger engagement that is already in motion.
Accept the assurances of our high regards and best wishes.
For Board of Trustees